Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Am I crazy or considerate....both.

So Barry and I have been trying to work out and we had a membership to LA Fitness for a while, but it got in the way of family time with Barry and he doesn't really like working out in front of people anyway. Who does for that matter? So he asked me, "Why don't we get a home gym?" I ask "Where will we put it?" Then we proceed to think for a long time. I like the way my house is set up right now, everything has it's place. So we put it off due to not wanting to make the decision. Well, a month later, Barry asks me about it again but this time I've seen how hard it is for him leaving us at night, when he only has about 2 hours a day with the kids anyways. I always wanted work out with him, so we went for it. I gave up my beautiful dining room table for, hopefully, rock hard abbs eventually. (Don't hold me to that!)
Anyway here's the before: (This is Barry's single friend, Dobie, who's keeping the table for us. Anyone interested?)

And after:

I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to girly up this room just a bit. How do you decorate a workout room? Any suggestions?

I know some of you are thinking Barry's got me whipped (which I would be fine with), but I'm not, I'm just a good at compromises. Besides this will be a good one to hold to him for when I really want something! hehe I will say that I love how Barry still thanks me everyday for doing this for him.

6 comments:

Jason said...

i'm gonna go with crazy. ha ha-- you know i'm joking. good thinking on your part, you sneaky little thing.

S. Fantasia said...

I second the crazy. Haha. I don't know how you girl that up so good luck on that one. :o)

Barry said...

This is Barry and I just wanted to say that I HAVE THE BEST WIFE EVER! I'm going to pay her back by giving her full access to the results that I achieve with this home gym!!!

Cecilia said...

Bonnie you're the best wife ever....I agree with you because I'm also good at compromises and there's nothing better than seeing our husband happy, right?!?!?!?

Barry-You crack me up! I'm sure she'll enjoy her full access...LOL

Unknown said...

I just wanted all the beautiful single females out there know that I was having a bad hair day, & picture was taken on my bad side...well not my bad side b/c I don't really have a bad side, just not my better side.

Jason.Ashley.Kyler.Camden said...

I do like that it is down stairs so you can let your kiddos play or watch morning cartoons while you workout. Or when you workout later at night, they are sleeping upstairs!! So- good location!

I can only think of mirrors in a fitness room so good luck decorating that!!

So, when I am done being pregnant and I am extremely jealous of your rock hard abs and toned everything, don't be alarmed if I am crying on your front door step begging for some work out time to finally feel like myself again:)

Barry. . .you just crack me up!!